Garden Tomb

Garden Tomb
He lives

Monday, October 18, 2010

Lifting Burdens: The Atonement of Jesus Christ

I love this little message. Is it not true?

We all have burdens that need to be lifted. So lets always look to the source of the ultimate relief, the Lord Jesus Christ.

I recently have felt one of my burdens lifted from the Savior. Because of His atoning sacrifice, a wrong that I did, suddenly was made right through repentance. I know I have harmed many people in my past; and because of the natural man that I am, I will harm people in my future. Because of these experiences that I have gone through, I realize that I can do nothing on my own. I need help and assistance. No matter how much I try to "fix things" or "make things right", I fall short. I just can not do certian things on my own. There is some "fixing" that can only be done by him. Elder James Abbott needs mercy! I know now more than ever that "it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do."(http://scriptures.lds.org/en/2_ne/25) . We can not fully be forgiven or have fully burdens lifted on our own accout or efforts. We must turn to Him! We must do our part so He can do His. I thank God everyday for my sending His Son to save me and lift my burdens when I can't. He is the ultimate "fixer upper". Learn of Him and than turn to Him, so He can fix the mistakes that we all make. Remember, it is only beacuse of Him that my sins and your sins will be blotted out. I love Him.

1 comment: